According to Wikipedia,
A competitive examination is an examination where candidates are ranked according to their grades. If the examination is open for x positions, then the first x candidates in ranks pass, the others are rejected.
Below, you will find Cengage Maths Book for IIT-JEE and JIPMER.
They are used as entrance examinations for university and college admissions or to secondary schools.
In India, every year several such exams are held which are used to get admissions in University or College with ease.
Some of them are,
- TS EAMCET – Engineering (Hyderabad) [JNTUH]
- IIT-JEE – Engineering (All India) [CBSE]
- NEET – Medical (All India) [CBSE]
- JIPMER – Medical (All India) [Jawaharlal Nehru of PG Medical Education & Research]
- AIIMS – Medical (All India)
- CA CPT – Commerce (All India)